IT IS CURRENTLY TAKING UP TO 7 DAYS FOR APPS TO GET REVIEWED. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT SOME APPLICANTS WILL NOT HEAR FROM US AT ALL, UNLESS WE HAVE QUESTIONS OR YOUR APPLICATION IS BEING CONSIDERED FOR ADOPTION.
**GSAR reserves the right to not proceed with any adoption at the rescue’s sole discretion.**
Our foster homes are primarily located on Long Island. As long as you live within a 3-4 hour drive and are prepared to drive here to meet a dog, you may apply.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU APPLY:
Our adoption fees are as follows : $675 – 6 months old or younger
$500 – 7 months old to 4 years old
$275 – 5 years old +
These adoption fees include age-appropriate vaccines, deworming meds, flea, tick and heart worm meds, microchip and spay/neuter.
When adopting a puppy who is too young to be spayed/neutered, the procedure will be included in the adoption fee, if done at Long Island spay neuter clinic in Medford, NY. The adopter can otherwise choose to have it done at their own vet with a $100 reimbursement from GSAR upon proof of spay/neuter.
Please ensure you meet the adoption requirements below or we will not be able to process your application, and you will therefore not be contacted.
* You must have a securely fenced back yard (not invisible or electric fence)
* You must be 25 years of age or older.
* All current animals must be spayed/neutered, current on vaccines, monthly flea/tick and heartworm preventatives. We will call your vet for confirmation. Please call your vet and authorize them to speak with us. If you get vaccines done elsewhere, please note that on your application.
* Please provide personal references that know you well, but are not related or living with you.
* Please proof read your application to ensure that you provided correct phone numbers and information.
GSAR Adoption Team